Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Student Life Activity

On November 17th, I participated in an Bracelet and Holiday Card event in the SJ Lounge. We made bracelets and cards for children of the Ronald McDonald house. In a lot of the cards we wrote things like "Merry Christmas", "Happy Holidays" and encouraging things like "Never give up", and  "Always shoot for the Stars". The goal was to make the children happy and put a smile on their faces when they receive these gifts. I had a lot of fun making the bead bracelets because I hadn't made some in a long time. A lot of people from my floor went to the event which made it that much more fun. I hope housing hosts more of these events because it does give back to the community and encompasses the idea behind Hallmark 4 "We commit ourselves to community service". I would definitely recommend these type of events to students.

No comments:

Post a Comment