Thursday, November 10, 2016

Freshmen Seminar Conference

On November 3rd, 2016 I attended and participated at the Freshmen Seminar Conference. At the conference I learned more about the Happiness class and what their class is really about. I also learned about the Altruism class, and what really differentiates a person that is altruistic, and a person that is hospitable. Being a presenter for our class I learned a lot about the aspects of cooperative and collaborative learning. It was really a difficult task in my personal opinion. It was hard for the entire class to come down to a single agreement. And it was hard to communicate with each other outside of class if we wanted to get a task done, especially with people that are constantly absent. This project helped show me the pros and cons of cooperative learning. If us the students would have been more responsible, and managed our time well this project would have gone a lot smoother. Regarding the other class presentations, I felt like I learned more when people asked questions after the presentations. Because students actually analyzed the information being given to them, and wanted more insight of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment